The Information We Collect
We collect different types of information from users.
Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Examples of Personal Data we collect from users include first and last names, company name and address, email address, telephone number, username and password for accessing your CEDIA account, dates of birth, billing and payment card information, and IP addresses.
Usage Data. We collect additional information regarding users’ activities on the CEDIA’s website. For instance, when you view a section of our website that does not require you to log in with unique user credentials, we may collect anonymous Usage Data that may not reasonably be used to identify you as the source. Usage Data includes “click stream” activity, such as when you click on a banner advertisement; the type of Internet browser and computer operating system you are using; the location from which you are accessing the website; the URL of the website from which you linked to our website; and the areas of our website you visited.
How We Collect Information
We collect Personal Data when you voluntarily provide such information through the website or other communications. For example, we receive Personal Data when you visit our website, create an online user account, submit a membership application, subscribe to receive our communications, register for events, submit various online forms, and contact us via telephone, mail, or email.
How We Use and Disclose Information
General Uses and Disclosures. We use and share the information we collect from users for the purposes described below. To perform the following tasks, CEDIA may transfer your data to countries outside the European Economic Area using appropriate safeguards when necessary.
· Provision of Services to Website Visitors. If you visit our website and your company is not a CEDIA member, we use your information to process and respond to your applications, requests, comments, inquiries, and other forms you submit through our website. We obtain your consent before using your Personal Data for these purposes.
· Provision of Services to Members. If your company is a CEDIA member and you log into your member account, we will use your information to support our delivery of membership benefits and services to you.
· Improving our Services. We use your information to enhance our understanding of our users’ preferences and improve our services and website accordingly. We obtain your consent before using your Personal Data for these purposes.
· Disclosures to Service Providers. We share your information with third-party service providers that assist us with hosting and maintaining CEDIA’s website, supporting our website’s functionalities, facilitating e-commerce, marketing our services, and managing our daily business operations and delivery of membership benefits. We share only the minimum amount of Personal Data with these service providers that they need to perform their tasks. We also enter into contracts with these service providers that require them to protect the Personal Data.
· Compliance with Legal Obligations. We will share your information with law enforcement, government officials, regulatory agencies, or other parties when we are required to do so by applicable law. We will also disclose your information to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or legal process.
· Protection of Individual’s Vital Interests. In emergency situations, we will use or share your information when doing so is necessary to protect an interest that is essential for an individual’s life.
· Other Legitimate Interests. We will use and disclose your information when necessary for CEDIA’s legitimate interests, as long as such interests are not overridden by our users’ interests, rights, and freedoms with respect to their Personal Data.
How to Withdraw Your Consent
At any time, you may withdraw your consent to CEDIA using, disclosing, or otherwise processing your Personal Data. You may withdraw your consent by emailing CEDIA at firstname.lastname@example.org or, if applicable, following the instructions in our communication to you.
Please note that your withdrawal of consent to process certain Personal Data about you (1) may limit our ability to deliver membership benefits and services to you, and (2) does not affect the lawfulness of our processing activities based on your consent before its withdrawal.
How We Use Tracking Technologies
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets us know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to your needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. We also use pixel tags to help track your activities on the website. We use pixel tags in combination with cookies, and they both allow us to deliver tailored advertising of our products and services based on your past visits to the website. A cookie or pixel tag in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. Please be aware that declining cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
You can read more at www.allaboutcookies.org.
You have the following rights under the GDPR:
· To access the Personal Data we maintain about you
· To be provided with information about how we process your Personal Data
· To correct your Personal Data
· To have your Personal Data erased
· To object to or restrict how we process your Personal Data
· To request your Personal Data to be transferred to a third party
To exercise the above rights, please contact us at the information we provide below. We will consider and process your request within a reasonable period of time. Please be aware that under certain circumstances, the GDPR may limit your exercise of these rights.
Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your Personal Data only as long as necessary to process your application, request, or other submission; fulfill the terms of your company’s membership contract with CEDIA; perform relevant activities in connection with other contracts or agreements you hold with CEDIA; and comply with applicable law.
Security of Personal Data
Unfortunately, no data transmitted over or accessible through the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we attempt to protect all Personal Data, we cannot ensure or warrant that Personal Data will be completely secure from misappropriation by hackers or from other nefarious or criminal activities, or in the event of a failure of computer hardware, software, or a telecommunications network. We will notify you in the event we become aware of a security breach involving your Personal Data (as defined by applicable law) stored by or for us.
How to File a Complaint
ICO Helpline (telephone): 0303 123 1113
Data Protection Officer
CEDIA is not required to designate a formal Data Protection Officer that registers with the ICO, however James Bliss is designated as the person responsible for compliance with GDPR at CEDIA.
Brand and Communications Manager
Unit 2, Phoenix Park
St Neots, Cambridgeshire
PE19 8EP UK
+44 (0) 1480 213744
Comments and Questions